Saturday, June 4, 2011

When I'm 64 - Bday Edition

When I'm 64, I want to go on great adventures.
Explore distant cultures.
Try questionable cuisine with enthusiasm.

When I'm 64, I want to scale mountains.
Wade through rivers.
Plant trekking poles with aplomb.

When I'm 64, I want to make new friends.
Laugh around the dinner table.
Share posts on Facebook with youthful ardor.

When I'm 64, I want to walk the Camino with my daughter.
Pass down my wisdom.
And pass her up on the trail with ease.

When I'm 64, I want to keep learning.
Keep growing.
Keep living with a full heart and courageous spirit.

When I'm 64, I will be the luckiest old lady,
To be even a tiny bit,
The 64-Year-Old my mom is today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOMMY!

----------

San Juan de Ortega to Burgos.


Monastery and church of San Juan de Ortega.


Coin-operated foot massager in the Internet "cabin."


The only place to eat in the village and only at one time - 7pm or go hungry. A cat and dog roamed the restaurant and the owner was a smart-ass extraordinaire. When we asked about a vegetarian menu for Red, he pointed to the grass outside and started chewing like a cow.


The darker meat is blood sausage - a specialty of the region and absolutely delicious. Yes, I tried it. And I liked it. I'm a shameful traitor to animal kind.


Our hotel...


...Others' hotel.





Site of mom's bday breakfast.





Lizzie got herded herself by these buggers.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Hotel Centro Los Braseros, Burgos, Spain

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet poem! Happy Birthday, Kay. You are an inspiration. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday kid! I just realized we're getting closer in age all the time. Have a great day!
    Mikey Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Tess. As I was just reading it to Louise, we burst into tears. Lovely, lovely.

    Cousin Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cried when I read it to mom over tapas. What a sap I'm growing up to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet there is some serious fungus going on inside that foot massager. Pops

    ReplyDelete