Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dear Camino - A Thank You Letter

Dearest Camino,

Thank you, friend. All is forgiven and forgotten. The assaults on this pilgrim's body and spirit are now null and void. If I had yarn, I would weave you a friendship bracelet. Or spit in my palm and shake your hand. You are indeed the dearest of allies, confidants and gurus and have given me a precious gift to treasure. And it's not even my birthday!

What the future will hold for your gift, I haven't the foggiest. It's as unclear as my greasy, dust-ridden Ray-Bans. But I do know this: I will treat this gift like I do you, Camino. I will take things one step at a time. I will nurture it as with my feet and legs every day on the trail. I will not waste energy worrying or questioning what waits down the road. Instead, I will put one foot in front of the other with a smile on my face and joy in my heart, and soon enough, the future will be the present and the path will be clear.

Thanks Again, Friend,
Tess

----------

Mansanillas de las Mulas to Leon.




















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Parador San Marcos, Leon, Spain

3 comments:

  1. I just wanna say: I'm so happy for you, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are recovered, Tess. You are espousing the "power of now," a good philosophy to follow on the Camino. Diane

    ReplyDelete