Saturday, June 25, 2011

Highlights - Triacastela to Serria

A looong hot day walking... limping... from Triacastela to Serria. Felt like walking on hot coals through the Mojave Desert. My boot rubber nearly stuck to the trail. You could fry eggs on my skin. Or start a fire with the reflection in my sunglasses. I would write a lengthy lovely blog about it, but my brain is overheated and my fingers are so scorched each tap of the keyboard feels like someone is poking lit matches under my nails. So, some pictures instead...


The wee cool hours of the morning. 6am start.


Early morning snuggles.





Mmmm, veggies...





The monastery in Samos, from afar.





After a HUGE breakfast - 2 large cafes con leche, tortilla francesa AND a slice of almond Santiago cake - we wait for the monastery to open.


Monks inspect their flowers.


The murals inside are amazing!














Monastery gardens.


A common sight - pots atop slate roofs.


Soda machine sent from heaven.



Secret garden. I didn't dare touch the gate for fear it might singe my skin. Yes, friends, it was THAT hot.





The fair set up outside our hotel in Serria. Very creepy vibe. Weird dudes watching us as we walked through. "Hang onto your boobs and wallets, ladies!"

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Serria, Spain

1 comment:

  1. Those murals are truly amazing! Bet they are even more impressive when you are there to see them in person. Diane

    ReplyDelete