Thursday, June 16, 2011

Baked Beans

My oh my, what a lovely day today was! I am literally breathless from all the beauty enveloping me. First, we made the most delightfully lucky decision to take the path by the road instead of through the countryside, which you know is always a good idea. Who in their right mind needs the smell of flowers and the sweet song of birds when you can inhale the intoxicating aroma of diesel fuel and listen as truckers honk at you in appreciation of your newly sculpted body? Imagine, if you will, 13+ miles of gravel road along the freeway with such wondrous sights as a cardboard mermaid cut-out with a piece of her fin missing... and a freeway underpass flooded with water... and two warped, splintered benches in a 10x10 foot park. Such beauty! My head is still spinning.

But the majestic vistas can't hold a candle to the sumptuous dinner we indulged in. Where do I even start?! First course was a mixed salad. Sounds boring, right? Not when you add the little green bug I found in mine! And I was just saying how I needed more protein in my diet. Wish granted! Next course came in Chef Red's darling hotel room. Who knew the smell of stale cigarettes could wet the appetite so? Get ready for this culinary gem... A half a can of baked garbanzos eaten from a delicate bathroom goblet and a half of a tomato (got to get those veggies) eaten out of the palm of my hand (like at a Dionysian feast!)

Now I know it's only a bit past 7pm, but I simply can't stay awake one second longer, as it's quite tiring to partake in such a joy-filled day. What they say is true: too much fun really can be a bad thing! Oh, and I almost forgot to tell you; the best part of the afternoon was when my hanging laundry took flight on a gust of wind and flew from my balcony to the ground two stories below! What spontaneity! Almost as titillating as the view from our window of the busy truck stop across the street.

Alright, off to bed to relive this amazing day in my dreams. I don't think tomorrow will compare, but one can always hope!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Random Truck Stop Town, Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment