Monday, June 13, 2011

Dear Camino #2

Dearest Camino,

It's a darn shame I have to write you again because it can only mean one thing: you broke our friendship pact. I thought we were going to lay down arms and hold hands while skipping along the trail, but apparently, your wrath isn't yet complete. I'm not sure where I picked up such bad Karmino (Camino karma) or why you enjoy torturing me so, but the tainted Karmino seems to be following me around like a swarm of Spanish flies.

Since my last letter to you, I have received many a slap in the face. First, you have me pull the tendon under my foot while walking from my bed to the bathroom, rendering me unable to walk the last two days. Not nice. Not nice indeed. Then, as I go to pull on my shorts, I find that you sneakily ripped the button off in the middle of the night so that I now have to use a safety pin to keep my bottom from making a cameo. THEN yesterday evening you plant seven swimming insects in my fresh orange juice. You know how I feel about bugs! When did you get so cruel?

Oh, Camino, if you only knew how much I love you, you couldn't possibly keep this mean streak up. So that is what I'll do - profess my love and hope that will turn your heart from black to red. How I love thee; let me count the ways...

1.) I love your beauty and how it brings peace to my own blackheart.
2.) I love your wildflowers and wheat fields and the way they dance in the breeze.
3.) I love your flaky chocolate croissants and rich cafe con leche.
4.) I love the friends you bring our way to soften and lighten our footsteps.
5.) I love the endless stretches of golden roads that lead me to the next place of rest.
6.) I love the enlightenment you bring and the way you shed light on the darkened corners of my spirit.
7.) I love each hot Italian and Spanish biker you send roaring past me on the trail and the view I get as they charge ahead of me.
8.) I love the way you erase time, leaving me anchored to the moment at hand.
9.) I love the way you keep me guessing as to what each village will bring. Life is much more exciting when the future is a question mark.
10.) And, most importantly, I love that you listen to my heart and mind's meanderings with patience and goodwill.

So, Dear Camino, now that you know my true feelings, what do you say to ending the barrage of bad luck and easing up on this tired pilgrim? True love shouldn't make you cry or leave you hobbling on one foot. And true love is what I would like to have with you.

Sincerely,
Your humble pilgrim, Tess

----------

El Burgo Ranero to Mansanillas de las Mulas. Nurse Red and I went via taxi to give my foot one more day of rest, but the mommas tackled it by foot.


Our hotel in El Burgo Ranero.








What Lizzie calls "Fireworks Flowers".


Hobbit hovel.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Mansanillas de las Mulas, Spain

3 comments:

  1. :D
    Maybe should the Camino bring good news to you, after all that LOVE things....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing a Thank You letter to the Camino as we speak... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and so sorry I didn't get to say goodbye. Sending you Cali hugs and many a 'Buen Camino'!

    ReplyDelete