Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Barcelona Observations

Kay:

Two couples my age walking down La Rambla. One tenderly holding hands. The other facing each other, smiling, then kissing. I wonder if love lasts forever in Spain - not just an ephemeral art form. My buddy in the Supermerkat across the street (I would be his best water customer) asks me if I'm French. Traveling incognito.

Blackheart:

My main observation - the beautiful people and the equally beautiful fashion. Everyone, male and female, sporting sun-kissed skin (and not the rawhide leather you find in the French Riviera - Emily O., I know you remember this well), dark thick hair tossed wildly or puled in a loose braid, sun dresses or brightly hued cigarette pants, wayfarer sunglasses in every color imaginable, bike to match their outfit, straw fedoras, a glimmer in their eyes that says, "You Americans have so much to learn about natural sex appeal." Yup, I'm in awe and am especially embarrassed having only my largely unfashionable pilgrim clothes to wear. I went into H&M today on the ritzy Passeig de Gracia just to get my fix. Can't buy anything but looking at myself in the flowered maxi dress put me at ease. If fashion is an art, then Barcelona is a master painter. I would say 'the Picasso of fashion', but I've yet to meet anyone with an ear on their chin.

Some more snapshots of Barcelona life...


The central stairwell at Gaudi's Casa Batllo.


Ceiling at Gaudi's Parc Guell.


Lunch - Warm goat cheese salad & cerveza.


Parc Guell madness. Notice the players bottom right.


Casa Batllo.


Dinner - Pizza Siciliana para llevar!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Carrer del Carme,Barcelona,Spain

2 comments:

  1. Lost baggage. Classic. It is an unwritten law that makes it madatory to start an adventure with lost baggage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't I know it. It's happened to me 3 times in the last year and a half!

    ReplyDelete