Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A New Adventure

Sometimes a year goes by, and you don't know where to. I've had a year or three where I literally thought to myself, 'Hell, did I do anything? I mean, anything at all? Have I even taken out the trash? Showered? Fed the cat?' I'm not proud of those years. But perhaps I just needed a break, a cool down, a pause before those other years that are jam packed, off the wall and bursting with big life moments.

Since our campervan honeymoon through Italy, Memorexed on this blog a year ago, it's been a three-ring circus. Our quest for a green card. Southwest road trip. Big move to America. Job searches. Buying our first home... The latter process alone is enough to make you want to put down your lion tamer whip and just let the beast have at ya. But we've prevailed and now are blissfully content... if by content you mean buying furniture, cursing the skies because "why didn't I buy a potato brush when I was at Target!", haunting antique faires like the Ghost of Accent Tables Past and collecting DIY tools and advice, neither of which you know what to do with once you have them. Yes, "content".

Our new permanent Albergue.
To take a break from it all, my Camino love and I escaped to Yosemite Valley and our little REI tent, climbing Nevada Falls, wandering the John Muir Trail and pondering whether or not a bear would pry open our car door for hand sanitizer. As I sat at Tunnel View at sunset watching Hannes take the picture below, it hit me how I've neglected this blog through these hectic times. Here I thought learning the ins and outs of real estate, married life and automatic sprinkler systems was mundane... when in reality it's just another adventure on our never ending Camino. Coming home I've avowed a new commitment to this blog, sharing not only our travels - which include an upcoming Belgian wedding, Chicago exploration, Hannes' first Hawaii, family trips to Pacific Grove and Lake Tahoe, and a future hiking sojourn on the mysterious Cathar Trail - but also these new steps in life that are perhaps the greatest adventures of all.

Tunnel View, Yosemite, sunset.


No comments:

Post a Comment