Friday, March 23, 2012

Anticipation

I have decided - much to your pleasure? - to dip my mental quill into the succinct and evocative world of haiku poetry as I partake in my whirlwind, back roads tour of Italia.  For each blog entry, I will begin with a little juicy, rhythmical piece of the Tuscan pie before launching into my usual gypsy sentiments.  Why?  Because it's my honey-loon, and I'll poetize if I want to.  So as I make my packing/to-do list and check it twice with my heart beating in utter anticipation of being once again with the one I love, I offer you my first Camino Gypsy Haiku...



Bag locked and loaded,
Hair tweezed, skin polished, smile white;
Ready for takeoff!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't get the 5-7-5 reference on your FB page; got it now. You two are so cute that I've ripped off all your FB exchanges and I'm publishing them in a cheap Harlequin romance novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here's wishing that the bag arrives safely with you, so you have a stress-free start to your trip, unlike the inauspicious beginning of your Camino journey. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well started the day by leaving my ATM card in the machine. But now that I'm enjoying the perks of the United Club in SFO, I feel a lot better.

    ReplyDelete